A — Z Health Links
Links on this page:
Bone and Joint Conditions
- Baby Centre Planning a pregnancy? Expecting? New parent? We’re here for you with expert advice, up-to-date information and parent-to-parent support
- There have been many developments in antenatal and newborn screening over the past five years. This resource has been developed by the UK National Screening Committee (NSC) and provides key facts and resources for Antenatal and Newborn Screening Programmes.
- Need advice on Breast Feeding? Click here for a variety of sources of information and support
- Childhood Immunisation Schedule information from NHS.
- Is your baby sleeping safely? Safe Sleep Video gives more information and a short video.
- NHS Direct Online
Chlamydia Screening Programme
- NHS Chlamydia Screening Programme
- What is chlamydia? How do you get it? Why is it a big deal? What are the symptoms? What if I’m pregnant? What is the Chlamydia screen? and more about sexual health.
Counselling and Mental Health
- Easy Health Org.- their aim is to make it easier for people with learning disabilities to understand more about their health.
Making the Best of your Appointment
- Talk to Frank – the A-Z of drugs and ways to help kick the habbit.
- Teenage Health Freak – teenage health problems discussed.
- Visit TheSite – a health website designed specifically for teenagers and under 24’s. Provides specific Information on registering with a GP.
- Visit Netdoctor Q and A’s – hundreds of health issues experienced by teenagers — written by doctors.
- For more information about young people and doctor confidentiality visit BBC Health.
- Off The Record offers counselling support and information for young people aged 11–25.