All appointments to see a doctor are made by telephoning the surgery on the following numbers:
- Axbridge Surgery (01934) 732464
- Wedmore Surgery (01934) 712774
During normal opening hours your call will be answered by a receptionist. When the surgery is closed you will hear a recorded message explaining how you can contact the doctor in an emergency.
Sometimes it is possible for the doctor or nurse to advise you over the phone without the need for you to attend the surgery. In this case the receptionist will book a telephone consultation for you.
If you are on regular medication the doctor may agree for you to obtain a repeat prescription without needing to see the doctor in surgery. In this case you can request your prescription in one of the following ways:
- By Post: Send the right hand side of your prescription to either surgery address indicating the medications you require.
- Prescription Box: Drop the right hand side of your prescription to into the box at either surgery.
- FAX: Send your written request to either surgery. Wedmore fax number is 01934 713799. Axbridge fax number is 01934 733488.
- Electronically: Online services via EMIS Access.
Prescriptions can be collected from:
- Axbridge Surgery
- Wedmore Surgery
- Local Pharmacies — Axbridge, Wedmore and Cheddar
Please note that we require 48 hours’ notice to process repeat prescriptions.
If you are seriously ill and genuinely unable to get to the surgery a doctor will visit you at home.
Please try and contact the surgery before 10.00am whenever possible, as visits have to be arranged between morning and afternoon surgeries.
Test results are available from reception after 2.00pm each day or via telephone consultation with a doctor or nurse.